CBSE CLASS 6 NCERT SCIENCE CHAPTER 1 EXERCISE QUESTIONS AND WITH FREE SOLUTIONS | FOOD WHERE DOES IT COME FROM?
1. Do you find that all of the living things need the same kind of food?
Actually no, not every one of the living things needs a similar kind of food.
This is because of the following accompanying reasons given below:
1) As we most likely know that, different living beings have different food eating patterns as per their body designs, necessities, natural surroundings, habitats, and environment and so on.
2) Although they are determined upon the sort of food they eat, and thus organisms are classified into three fundamental classes.
3) In which, there are a couple of animals that simply eat plants, and are known as herbivores.
Some of its examples are: Cow, Goat, Buffalo, Deer, Zebra, etc.
4) While specific animals that simply eat various other animals, are known as carnivores.
Some of its examples are: Lion, Tiger, Cheetah, Leopard, Hyena, etc.
5) Moreover, in conclusion the ones which eat both the plants and various other animals are known as omnivores.
Some of its examples are: Bear, Human beings, Monkey, Dog, Sloth, etc.
2. Name any 5 plants and also their part that we eat.
Common plants and their parts that we generally eat are listed as followed:
a) Mustard- leaves
b) Apple- fruit
c) Potato- stem
d) Banana- fruit, flower, and stem
e) Pumpkin- flower and fruit
f) Brinjal- fruit
g) Groundnut- Seed
h) Peanut- Seed
3. MATCH THE FOLLOWING ITEMS GIVEN IN THE COLUMN (a) WITH THAT IN THE ITEMS OF COLUMN (b)
|Column (a)||Column (b)|
|MILK , CURD , PANEER , GHEE||EAT OTHER ANIMALS|
|SPINACH, CAULIFLOWERS , CARROT||EAT PLANTS AND PLANT PRODUCTS|
|LIONS AND TIGER||ARE VEGETABLES|
|HERBIVORES||ARE ALL ANIMAL PRODUCTS|
|Column (a)||Column (b)|
|MILK , CURD , PANEER , GHEE||ARE ALL ANIMAL PRODUCTS|
|SPINACH, CAULIFLOWERS , CARROT||ARE VEGETABLES|
|LIONS AND TIGER||EAT OTHER ANIMALS|
|HERBIVORES||EAT PLANTS AND PLANT PRODUCTS|
4. FILL IN THE BLANKS WITH THE HELP OF THE FOLLOWING WORDS GIVEN BELOW:
HERBIVORES. , PLANT , MILK , SUGARCANE , CARNIVORES…
(a) TIGER IS A ………… BECAUSE IT EATS OTHER ANIMAL’S MEAT.
(b) DEER ONLY EATS PLANT PRODUCTS AND SO IT IS CALLED A …….…..
(c) PARROT EATS …….. PRODUCTS ONLY.
(d) THE ……… THAT WE DRINK, COME FROM COWS, BUFFALOES AND GOATS IS AN ANIMAL PRODUCT.
(e) WE GET THE SUGAR FROM ………
(a) TIGER IS CARNIVORES. BECAUSE IT ONLY EATS MEAT.
(b) DEER ONLY EATS PLANT PRODUCTS AND SO IT IS CALLED A HERBIVORES.
(c) PARROT EATS PLANTS. PRODUCTS ONLY.
(d) THE MILK THAT WE DRINK, COME FROM COWS, BUFFALOES AND GOATS, IS AN ANIMAL PRODUCT.
(e) WE GET THE SUGAR FROM THE SUGARCANE.
In the above written text, answers for the CBSE Board Class:6 NCERT Chapter 1 FOOD WHERE DOES IT COME FROM have been given in detail which helps an individual or understudy’s grip of the said topic, question or chapter, and helps them in obtaining a suffice and adequate thoughts and ideas regarding the same.
Additionally, thus one can go through our website to learn and share more about their such related biology topics and to voice their insights on them.
ALSO READ BY GOING THROUGH THE FOLLOWING LINKS
CBSE Class-6 NCERT Science Chapter 1 notes \ extra questions \ inside questions and with solutions
Food Where Does It Come From:
Other biology related content—
ECOLOGY: importance and examples | biotic and abiotic factors | levels of ecologyhttps://biolearners.com/ecology-importance-and-examples-biotic-and-abiotic-factors-levels-of-ecology/
ENERGY FLOW IN AN ECOSYSTEM | ecological pyramidhttps://biolearners.com/energy-flow-in-an-ecosystem-ecological-pyramid/
TRANSPIRATION: definition and significance | factors affecting transpirationhttps://biolearners.com/transpiration-definition-and-significance-factors-affecting-transpiration/
Operon model | Lac Operon (Lactose Operon) | Trp Operon (Tryptophan Operon)
General characteristics and classification of phylum platyhelminthes (or flatworm) with examples
General characteristics and types of DNA | Chargaff’s rule | Central dogma theory